Thursday, July 30, 2009

Friends of Jefferson Barracks Park

Yesterday evening, I was invited to speak at the monthly meeting for the Friends of Jefferson Barracks Park. I gave my Harold Hetzler speech and presented the story of how I researched Harold. I also spoke about my current historical research on Ulysses Tebbs. The members, about 25 of them, asked me a lot of really good questions and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to share Harold's story. The members are very interested in historical research and they gave me lots of ideas and resources to advance my research. I would also like to thank Al Katzenberger for taking photos of the event. Some of the members were kind enough to share their thoughts on my presentation:

"Extremely interesting & imaginative, as well as entertaining. I highly recommend Mr. Kirby."
Marc E. Kollbaum, Curator, Jefferson Barracks Park

"Excellent speech, amazing research, so thorough, a great historian."
Ann Thoma, member: Friends of Jefferson Barracks

"His talk was very well done, moving and based on research."
Jack Grothe, Fellow and Governor: Company of Military Historians

"Alan's reflections on the pilot's life and the efforts he has made to keep the history of World War II alive are much appreciated."
Charlotte Pisoni

"Alan's talk was interesting and informative. It was amazing how much he found out about Harold."
Louise Drescher

"The presentation was informative and also very inspiring!"
Mary Hauck, member: Friends of Jefferson Barracks

No comments: