Saturday, June 27, 2009

Robert S. Lambert


Flight Officer Robert Soule Lambert was the Bombardier on the Hetzler Crew which was shot down by flak near Alverskirchen, Germany on March 23, 1944. Lambert is an intriguing figure. He is the only crew member, as far as I know, to have a child: Wayne Robert Lambert, born June 11, 1944. His son was born almost 3 months after his death. I have tried to find/contact his son, but so far I have had no luck. He was also the only crew member that I know for sure was married. The only other crew member that might have been married was the pilot, Flight Officer Harold Hetzler, but by most accounts that marriage had been annulled. This particular obituary has a lot of information and avenues which should help me put his life together.
If you are a relative, friend or have any information about Robert S. Lambert, please contact me: kirbhund at sbcglobal.net

No comments: