Friday, June 5, 2009

Harold Hetzler

Recently, I sent a German translation of my article about Harold Hetzler to a small newspaper near Alverskirchen, Germany and I am happy to announce that I am now published in Germany! Flight Officer Hetzler and his crew were shot down over Alverskirchen on March 23, 1944 and for a time were buried in the village's cemetery. The editor of the newspaper said there was a lot of interest in the story among the locals, so hopefully it will be published. It has been published twice so far in American newspapers. In recent years and months I have been doing a lot of public speaking about Harold and his crew. I am currently writing a book about the crew as well.



If you are a relative, friend or have any information about Harold W. Hetzler, please contact me: kirbhund@sbcglobal.net

No comments: