Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Inspiration

I was inspired to write this after I read an article in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch a few years ago. It was about the Gold Stars, made of Bronze, each with the name of a local WWI soldier who had died. The Gold Star mothers then put all of these in a memorial that was later destroyed in the 1980's for a construction project. A local veteran, Skip Berger, recently found many of these medallions in storage and is on a campaign to have them permanently displayed in a new memorial. I took a look at the partial collection a few months ago and I chose a few names to research and see how much I could put together of their former lives. I am beginning with Ulysses Tebbs. The name had a nice ring to it.

1 comment:

Parts and Things said...

There is also a web site for this project, http://www.stl-lestweforget.org